I will never, ever use this service again. I contacted them to have the valve cover gasket on my sons car replaced.

When replacing the valve cover gasket it is also necessary to replace the intake manifold gasket and they did not include the part so the mechanic got one himself except it was the wrong one. He had the motor torn apart before realizing that it was the wrong one so we had to go to the auto parts store and purchase another one out of our own pocket. We also had to go and purchase a hose that he broke while taking the car apart. After he was done and put the car back together he listed the car incorrectly and we were charged much much less than we were supposed to be so being the honest person I am I called Your Mechanic to see what had happened and explain that we were to be refunded the amount for the parts we purchased.

I tried to explain to Peter (CSR) what was going on and that there was a mistake, he was very rude and placed me on long holds several times, he eventually comes back on the line and tells me that because we provided parts that they are not going to honor the warranty so I preceeded to tell him that the mechanic told us to pick up the part, we didn't do it from the start and they didn't care so I hung up on them and told them they were not to charge me another dime if they were not going to honor their end of the deal and I hung up. A few minutes later I received another call from someone else saying they wanted to figure out what exactly happened, I then explained the situation to them and they then asked permission to charge me the remaining amount since the job was complete, I flipped out, told them "NO don't charge me another penny" and hung up. As soon as I hung up I realized there was an email from them with a receipt for the remaining amount of $266 that they did not charge us the first time and an message saying they would not be honoring the warranty. So they called and asked permission to charge us AFTER they did it.

Needless to say we are disputing the charge with the bank and will never ever use this service again. Buyer Beware!!!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Yourmechanic Car Repair.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

YourMechanic Cons: False guarantee, Customer service.

Comments

Hi,

We back our service by a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty. You can find a copy of our warranty at yourmechanic.com/warranty.

We see that you have been in contact regarding this situation and provided with the next steps to take. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,