This company is either crooked, ignorant or incompetent. They have the most untrained mechanics.

Mechanics do not carry proper tools for diagnosis. Their mechanic messed up my truck they attempted once to fix the issue but the check engine light is still on and no one will return my call. Joe totally messed up my truck messing up the knock sensor and the idle air control valve. Was also charged 479.00 for a 334.00 quote.

Check engine light on when I started my truck. Code P0505 and P0328 Joe claims he did nothing wrong. They sent out another mechanic (Richard) he determined that Joe had messed up the idle air control valve. They replaced the IAC and reset computer.

50 miles later check engine light on again. They sent Richard out again and he said he didn’t know what was wrong they charged me $70 and said it was not their fault. He did not run the codes again if he did he would have seen that now the problem was in the EGR System code P0400 which he had removed to replace the IAC. I have been trying since Dec 12 to speak with someone in management.

They have left my truck in a condition that will not pass vehicle inspection. Original problem was a slight oil leak on driver’s side valve cover Truck ran great and no check engine light. Now I have a check engine light, truck gets worse gas mileage and runs rough and it will not pass for me to get my tags soon. Took truck to a real mechanic that 1st ran codes then found a vacuum hose loose that previous mechanic had left off.

I filed a complaint with BBB but even with the documentation I supplied the BBB they ruled Administratively Judged Resolved.

This just proves to me that the BBB ratings are not to be believed. The business says nothing really to disprove my evidence or documentation I supplied but I get nothing and company maintains their A+ rating.

Product or Service Mentioned: Yourmechanic Car Repair.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Hi Marty,

We apologize for your negative experience with YourMechanic. We back our service by a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty.

You can find a copy of our warranty at yourmechanic.com/warranty. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,