YourMechanic - Company will not replace a new part their mechanic installed but has to destroy
Update added by user Jul 01
Yourmechanic tried to discredit my experience with another review site, so I decided to add the proof to corroborate my review here.
Original review posted by user Jun 30
Mechanic came to replace the wheel hub assembly with brand new parts.Wheel bearings had to be pressed into the hub.
After repair the wheel was locked up. Mechanic recommended a new Steering knuckle and scheduled appointment for next day. Upon arriving for the new appointment Mechanic informed me that the work done the day before would be destroyed, i.e. the wheel bearings, when replacing the knuckle.
Company will not pay for the new and unused part to be replaced. Company nitpicked about implied warranty over a $38.00 part.
Tried to force a decision about the work.I let company dismiss Mechanic and cancel.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
- Jose the mechanic
- Ease of quotes
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Vague inferrences to warranty
- Lack of respect
- Lack of consumer advocacy in mission
- Lack of empowerment to satisfy or negotiate
- Reason of review:
- Non Disclosure and bad practices
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "The "repair" they made did not hold up.This is the 2nd time it has almost killed us. Waiting on a reply from legal counsel at Ford. It is definitely totaled..."
- "Had Hercules H-902 on a 5th wheel. Not overloaded, in fact, a very easy job for a tire that claims such a high working load. Then on a clean, dry..."
- "Upon my retirement I Bought a 2006 Lexus GX 470 loaded New, thinking that such a so called Luxury Vehicle would last my wife after my demise, I did this..."
- "Recently I got a black coat which is worth $110 from guess .. The cloth turned out to be the worst one I have ever seen.. It was for my..."
- "I found a wood chip in my family sized Classic Lays. As soon as I opened my sealed bag, I saw the wood chip on top. Had I not seen..."
- "It was about 45 F, bright and sunny. We were shopping for a new car, had a list of about 12 cars we wanted to look at - one a..."
- "See Carnival Cruise Experience To whom it may concern: My husband and I went on the Carnival Splendor on September 24, 2016. This was not my first cruise with Carnival, nor..."
- "Had purchaised a MKon 2.10.15 which the very next day wasnt working ! I went to ETHOS for replacement bcz i cant accept it which has stopped working the very next..."
- "I have took brand new merchandise to cash america in oak park and they ask for ID. they have a fake website they use to compare prices and the prices are always..."