Service Scheduling

The site states clearly you are not charged for the service until performed yet lo and behold, my service is scheduled for Friday (today is Wednesday) and 360.00 removed from my account.

I was told that my checking account is a pre-pay account. Ok, fine.

Though I have had it for several years and there is over 8 grand in it, that is true - HOWEVER - the website, nor the staff makes ANY distinction, it says ONLY ' You will not be charged until the work is performed'. PERIOD. If they want to distinguish between card types (in which case I would have used a different card) THEY NEED TO PUT THAT ON THEIR SITE, it is fraud to put what they have on there. And I have read of mechanics not showing up, and here they have 360.00 of my money with nothing having been done.

The only way to get a refund was to cancel my appointment and of course now I have to wait 3-5 BUSINESS days and they could not give me a transaction number, she actually told me to refer to the QUOTE number of the booking if I had to call my bank. I asked her if she was actually telling me to use a quote number for booking an appointment to call a bank who has nothing to do with them when trying to find a transaction with a bank! I said that every refund generates a transaction number they should be able to give me and I wanted that because to me this smacked of a scam, and I wanted to see evidence of a refund being done BEFORE giving them yet another card to re-book my service with a card that supposedly would only charge 1.00 as a hold...she could not furnish that and said a supervisor (not available now) would call me tomorrow.

But I did make it clear I was going to report their wording on the website and by employees to the attorney general in CA as fraud, which it is. I won't bother telling of the other issues and 2 hours I have spent on the phone with them, suffice it to say that the 69.00 I would have spent (which would have gotten me PREMIUM parts, BTW) is no longer looking like any savings at all, and I certainly saved no time at all, because I spent 2 hours on the phone over 5 calls.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

YourMechanic Cons: Website issues, Changed address.

Comments