2.1
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

work resulted in overheated and damaged engine. 'warranty ' process over two months (no car) and the 12k / year 'guarantee' is bs.

$2500 in damages, car rental fees.

wanted to give me my money back, which I refused because that is considered settling. still no resolution, had to sell car for parts to make bills.

Product or Service Mentioned: Yourmechanic Car Repair.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

What do you expect from a company that pays very little how can you buy the expensive tools to service these complex cars if you don’t make much the company makes 60 percent of the labor charge and all the parts mechanic has to pay all tools all gas insurance and buy a truck and doesn’t get paid mileage they also have no benefits! What a *** company

Yourmechanic is now facing multiple lawsuits from various parties. The ASE is also stepping into exposing the working conditions and extensive hours by their mechanics who are now having to share a greater cut to YM by now working longer hours.

This then impacts your repairs as a consumer with tired workers making accidental repairs as well as bringing out less qualified mechanics. Find a lawyer, you can win!!!!

How did it end for you? I have a similar case..

adtpissed
@***ed***s

Seems to be hanging in the balance. Tried to 'refund' my money which I refused (considered a settlement).

It comes nowhere close to the direct damages caused.

I would encourage you to keep asking people to post their issues, not matter how minor. Will continue to ask people to not use YourMechanic until the issue is resolved.

Hi,

We apologize for your negative experience with YourMechanic. It looks like our warranty department has been in contact with you regarding this situationWe back our service by a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty.

You can find a copy of our warranty at yourmechanic.com/warranty. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

YourMechanic Team

adtpissed
@YourMechanic

Dear YM rep, your warranty is a facade. the growing Yelp and twitter reviews demonstrate that it warranties mean nothing as YM seems to never take responsibility for it's work.

I and through the process which took TWO MONTHs being without​ a car or consideration for rental. Not only that as part of the process, you sent out an 'inspector' unqualified to review the engine as he didn't even do more than a visual inspection.

Tow local ASE certified mechanics actually made an actual inspection (at least opened the engine cover) concluded an error by YourMechanic resulted in the severe damages.

Even crooked mechanics do more than you have. Until I get compensated as was promised, you will continue to see me and people like me get the word out about how unreliable you are in these situations.

People don't take a risk your asset and possible lives with startup far away with nothing to lose and takes no liability.

@adtpissed

I have a similar issue. How do we start a class action law suit because I hate these f'ers